We've answered your most frequently asked questions about preorders below.
1. I've moved since I placed my order. How do I change the shipping or billing address?
Please cancel your original order and resubmit a new order with the correct address.
2. Will my item arrive on the day of release? Or is it shipped on the release date?
Items are shipped so that they arrive as close to the release date as is possible. Regretfully, we are unable to guarantee release-date arrival.
3. I preordered an item that said I wouldn't have to pay for it until the item shipped, but I have a charge for the full amount now. Why is that?
This is an authorization only, not an actual charge for the preorder. Rest assured, we will not notify your bank to collect the funds until your item ships. Authorizations may last up to 30 days, depending on bank. If you have questions about specific transactions on your account, please contact your bank.
4. I preordered an item along with ordering other in-stock items. Why do I see multiple charges on my card now for the total amount and an additional amount?
Before shipping preorders, we may need to re-authorize your card to ensure that funds are still available. This is an authorization only but in some cases your bank will hold funds. Authorizations may last up to 30 days, depending on bank. Rest assured, we will not notify your bank to collect the funds until we start shipping preorder items. In some cases, you may see multiple line items that look like charges to your account. This is because we collect funds as items ship on the order. Authorizations may last up to 30 days, depending on bank. If you have questions about specific transactions on your account, please contact your bank.
5. I preordered an item that comes with one of several free bonus items. May I request which Pokémon/item I receive?
Regretfully, we are unable to honor requests for specific bonus items that ship with preorders. Bonus items are selected and packaged at random to ship with preorder items.
6. My preorder included a bonus mystery item (e.g., plush, keychain). I've placed multiple preorders for that item. If I get one mystery item per order, is there a chance I will get a different mystery item for each order, or will it be the same one?
Selection of these items is random. Due to this, we are unable to guarantee that you will receive different mystery items when purchasing multiples of the same preorder item.
7. I haven't received an order confirmation for my preorder. How can I confirm my order was placed?
First, we always recommend checking your spam folder for your Order Confirmation email, in case your email service provider or email filter identified it as spam. In addition, please make sure to add both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book so that any emails from us don't get caught in your spam filter.
Beyond that, we strongly recommend creating a Pokémon Center account prior to placing any orders. This will allow you to log in at any time and see the status and tracking for each order in your order history. If you checked out as Guest and cannot view your order history, please submit a ticket to our Support team with your order number and a request for status, and we'll be happy to let you know the current status of your preorder.
8. Why was my preorder cancelled?
Cancelled orders occur whenever there is an issue with the billing or shipping information received on an order. Orders may also be cancelled when sent to reshipping services, as our items are only manufactured for, and according to the laws of, the United States; they are not meant for export.
For a billing issue, please make sure that the name on the card and the address listed for billing both match what is printed exactly on your monthly statement. If this still does not work, we recommend contacting your issuing bank for assistance, as they may be blocking online transactions from your account.
For shipping address issues, please check with the USPS Zip Code Verification service to ensure that your address is formatted properly. Our system uses USPS verification, which requires the correctly formatted address to ensure proper delivery. You can find the USPS zip code verification tool at: https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction!input.action?mode=1&refresh=true.
If you are still having problems completing an order after checking these things, please submit a ticket to our Support team so that we may research the issue further for you.
9. I forgot I had a preorder coming and didn't have the funds available to cover the charge. Will I still get my preordered items?
Our team will attempt the charge periodically at the time we begin shipping preorders, but this will only occur for a brief period of time. To ensure you receive your items and your order is not cancelled, please make sure that you have sufficient funds available for your order to complete prior to the anticipated shipping dates. We are unable to guarantee that orders will not be cancelled if charges are unable to be completed when preorders begin shipping.